On the Writer’s Digest blogSite, William Highsmith describes some specifics as he quotes two other authors in a Frequently Asked Question article about flash fiction:
As five-time Hugo Award–winner Mike Resnick says, “Brevity is not just the soul of wit; it is damned hard work.”
And here is Hemingway’s often-cited six-word story: “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Can you help but wonder about the parents and what happened to the baby? Strive for that kind of big impact in a small package.
Whatever floats yer boat.
750 words or less.
This week’s photo prompt image:
- You may “borrow” it to your site.
- Write a little ditty there.
- Within a week (Lord willing and the creeks don’t rise), I’ll post my piece hereabouts.
- You can link yours in the comment box.
- Or, if you prefer, you can write yours in smack-dab in the comment box.
Here are the previous Flash Fiction results: